When is the @ mention system getting fixed? Ever?

4 replies
So, since it has been broken for so long, I'll describe how this used to work.

Long ago, you could mention a user by typing @ and then starting to type their name, which would cause a little drop down of matching user to select from to mention. It was nice, it worked well.

Enjin updated ... something ... I don't remember what, and that functionality broke. I was told, I think almost a year ago at this point, that it would be fixed, but it still doesn't work and I'm super annoyed with the very convoluted and time-consuming way (especially since Enjin has never fixed the lag on their sites, making loading pages take a while) you still have to mention users.

When will this be fixed so we can more easily communicate with each other?

EDIT: I dug through my old posts, I last complained about this October 2017. So it's been a year. It happened when we were forced to change from the old BBCode editor to the new one, because of the text doubling bug, which probably has also not been fixed.....
Posted Sep 29, 18 · OP · Last edited Sep 29, 18 by Sets
List
Undo
Active
LEVEL 2
It's been 493 days since I've reported this issue, I'm planning a big party for 500! :p

@Tagging still works on the old editor, but not on the WYSIWYG editor. Double text seems to be fixed on that editor. We never updated to the WYSIWYG because our community uses @tagging a lot.

When will it be fixed? "Soon".

I was told this 493 days ago.
Posted Sep 29, 18
We had to update because of the double text thing... We use tons of text formatting. I assumed it wasn't fixed because it was implied that they didn't want to continue to support the old editor.
Posted Sep 30, 18 · OP
Still waiting for help/support/a response of some kind.
Posted Oct 8, 18 · OP
Agree
List
Undo
Popular
LEVEL 4
Taken up over ticket. Locking.
community-manager-sig_1404885270.png
Posted Oct 10, 18
Social Media
Follow us on our social media!
You will receive information, news, sneak peaks, giveaways and more!
NoticeNotices