Enjin Android App Released!
Install the Enjin Android App
Page
of 7

Updated Rift & World of Warcraft Item Support

66 replies
Master
LEVEL 5
A new item system has been launched for both Rift & WoW guild websites.

rift-item-guild-website.png
  • Automatically search for items directly from the BBCODE bar and add items.
  • New BBCODE buttons appear if you have WoW or Rift added as a game.
  • Use BBCODE tags:
    [wowitem]item name here[/wowitem] [riftitem]item name here[/riftitem]

• Displays Item data on hover with your website's theme.
  • Items will auto-color based on quality.
  • Features partial name recognition.
  • Autolinks to ZAM’s or Wowhead's DB.
  • Rift Item support has also been launched for the DKP raid tracker module.

To use this feature in places that does not support BBCODE, such as news or HTML:

World of Warcraft
<a data-itemgame="wow">Skullcrusher Mace</a>

Rift
<a data-itemgame="rift">Nimble Malevolent Greataxe</a>

Set Quality

You can also specify the quality/rarity of the item by adding a class to the link:
<a data-itemgame="wow" class="color-q2">Skullcrusher Mace</a>

This indicates that the item is of quality 2 and will be colored green. You can use quality 0-7 for any item.

Note: All missing Rift items will be added soon!
Posted May 1, 11 · OP · Last edited May 1, 11
Just Started
LEVEL 1
Very cool :), wait was this the secret project?
Posted May 1, 11
Master
LEVEL 5
No, secret project is coming soon. ;-)
Posted May 1, 11 · OP
So I put into chat a riftitem link, and the mouseover shows both the actual rift item, and a WoW item at the same time. Clicking the link takes you to the WoW item, not the Rift item.

Damascus Shiv

EDIT: Looks like it bugs out here in the forum as well. The mouseover works, but clicking brings you to wowhead and a WoW pants item, not to Zam and the Rift dagger that it is supposed to be.
Posted May 1, 11
Master
LEVEL 5
Thanks, will get this fixed soon.
Posted May 1, 11 · OP
Is there any chance we can get similar functionality for spells/abilities in the data bases? I find that I frequently need to link encounter abilities in guides etc and I know the coding is very similar.
Posted May 1, 11
Shaidar wrote:
Is there any chance we can get similar functionality for spells/abilities in the data bases? I find that I frequently need to link encounter abilities in guides etc and I know the coding is very similar.

Yeah, this is a great idea but honestly should be carried all the way! Allow the same functionality for all database entries. Items, Mobs, Abilities, whatever is available from Trion's data dumps.

Also on bugs, well this just seems to now work right at all fro Rift. I tried editing one of our item compilation forum posts that currently has a bunch of links to ZAM, and I tried to add two Rift items via the button in the post editor, but the BBCode that it inserted didn't even work at all :(
Posted May 1, 11
Master
LEVEL 5
Can you please list the items you are trying to add that are causing issues.
Posted May 1, 11 · OP
Cool beans!
Posted May 1, 11
The two I had tried were "recipe: steel bar" and "recipe: darkmetal bar". both were done by using the button in the forum editor, and entered using autocomplete

Another bug, in the BBCODE bar in the chat module, if you click the MORE option, "Wowhead Item" is listed, but not an option for creating Rift items.
Posted May 1, 11
Page
of 7
Notices