Resolved Free Mumble Server Dns

3 replies
I have a simple question: can the free mumble server that comes with your enjin site have an a-record? My IP for my mumble server is 'central2.voice.enjin.com' and I have my own domain for my enjin site, http://flan-z.com/, so I was wondering if there was a way I could set the IP for the mumble server to be ble.flan-z.com like I have with my TS3 server (ts3.flan-z.com). Thanks in advance for any help!
Posted Jun 17, 13 · OP · Last edited Jun 18, 13 by empty22
Just Started
LEVEL 1
Mumble doesn't support SRV records, but you can still set up a custom record for your server to use your domain as the IP.

• Navigate to the "Custom Records" section in your DNS Management Panel.
  • In the Hostname column, enter "voice (or any other subdomain you are using)".
  • In the IP Address / Domain column, enter your server IP address or domain IP provided by Enjin. Don't include your port here. If this is for your Enjin Mumble server please find this IP in your Admin panel > Coice tab. If you are inputting a domain IP please append a " . " at the end of the domain. For example: "east3.voice.enjin.com."
  • In the Record Type column, enter "A (Address)" if you entered a numerical IP in the column before, or "CNAME" if you entered in a domain IP previously.
  • The best TTL to use is 1800.

After this is done and saved, you should be able to connect to your Mumble server using "voice.yourdomain.com" in a few minutes.
Posted Jun 18, 13 · Last edited Jun 18, 13 by rain.
Don't include your port here

Please append a " . " at the end of the domain. For example: "east3.voice.enjin.com."

"CNAME" if you entered in a domain IP

These were my problems... I changed it, and it works perfectly! Thank you so much Rainy!!
Thread marked as resolved.
Posted Jun 18, 13 · OP · Last edited Jun 18, 13 by empty22
Experienced
LEVEL 3
Great tips!
Posted Jun 19, 13
Social Media
Follow us on our social media!
You will receive information, news, sneak peaks, giveaways and more!
NoticeNotices