Ultimate Plan - Branding - Favicon not Displaying

6 replies
Active
LEVEL 2
Greetings Enjineers!

So my website favicon hasn't been working properly for a few months, but I've been too lazy to get around to fixing it.

Today, I navigated my way into the admin panel > settings > branding to find that the icon was already uploaded.

I removed the icon, waited a while, and then re-added it. The icon appears on my admin panel but not on the public facing site itself.

Understandably, I want my branding on the public part of the site, and not only on the part that only I can see.

There appears to be two favicons on the site. https://www.mcalagaesia.com/favicon.ico, which is the Enjin logo, and https://files-cloud.enjin.com/973960/site_logo/favicon.ico?timestamp=1544014744, which is what we should be seeing.
4089086.jpg

This is what I see:

favicon+2_1544016350.PNG

If anyone else would mind helping (if this happens to just be an issue on my end), please let me know which of the two icons you see at https://www.mcalagaesia.com/.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!🙂

While I've got your attention, can I finally get a response about @tagging on the WYSIWYG editor? It's been 560 days since I reported the issue. I thought one of the perks of the Ultimate plan was "priority" support.
Posted Wed at 05:26 am · OP · Last edited Wed at 5:33 by Hellomynam...
Master
LEVEL 5
For the time being, try:

1) Upload your ico to your file manager

2) Add this to an html module (html source tab):

<link rel="icon" type="image/png" sizes="16x16" href="HTTPS LINK TO YOUR FAVICON.ico">
Posted Wed at 09:38 am
Agree
List
Undo
Active
LEVEL 2
wrote:
For the time being, try:

1) Upload your ico to your file manager

2) Add this to an html module (html source tab):

Thanks! Generally a good tip, but that's what I used to use, until it stopped working a few months ago. I assumed Enjin broke it because they only want branding available on the Ultimate plan.
Posted Wed at 05:52 pm · OP
Master
LEVEL 5
For reference, I checked your site and I do see your correct 'M' favicon
Posted Wed at 06:33 pm
Active
LEVEL 2
That's good to hear. What browser were you using? I'm now getting the correct favicon on Firefox, but the Enjin one on Chrome.
Posted Thu at 01:39 am · OP
Master
LEVEL 5
You are right, it is not showing on Chrome, I will look into it.
Posted Thu at 05:29 am
Master
LEVEL 5
It turns out that, unlike Firefox, Chrome does not like favicons being loaded in the body (such would be the case with html modules). In code injection -> head , place your favicon code there (I can confirm this works).

I am not sure why you are getting the favicon Chrome issue on Ultimate UNLESS enjin loads the favicon for the custom branding outside of body.

Edit:

Looking at your site body....it has a different markup compared to other sites. A site I did work with (duskcombatforce.com) has their branding working fine on Chrome / Firefox (ultimate plan) and so does Minecade (which is likely on ultimate). Here is the markup from those ultimate plans:

Screen+Shot+2018-12-06+at+11.07.51+AM_1544112621.jpg

Pretty standard markup -> body has some scripts and iframes (and some custom code .top-menu-parent), completely normal (the site part is in .body-wrap-2).

Here is your site body markup:

Screen+Shot+2018-12-06+at+11.12.18+AM_1544112771.jpg

You can see there is a PILE of stuff normally in the head above your site .body-wrap-2 in the body. This is very unusual (and likely why your favicon is failing on Chrome). I will also add that your head is missing these items (not duplicated).

Here is head your on /login:

Screen+Shot+2018-12-06+at+11.16.35+AM_1544113034.jpg

Here is your body on /login:

Screen+Shot+2018-12-06+at+11.17.37+AM_1544113070.jpg

Before you continue with a bug report / enjin support, please confirm you do not have any javascript in code injection / html modules manipulating your site. To validate the manipualtion of your site, simply make a new page with nothing on it (and remove code injection from admin) -> post the page here.

Just remember to backup your code injection before you clear it / save.

Edit 2: added back body / head tag terms, they were auto deleted on save.
Posted Thu at 07:59 am · Last edited Thu at 8:38 by AT SLAYER
Social Media
Follow us on our social media!
You will receive information, news, sneak peaks, giveaways and more!
NoticeNotices