Weird emoji requests

4 replies
All,

Just curious if anyone else is seeing this in their community.

While on our community forum, if there is a post/reply, you name it (i think i saw this with the shout box as well) that contains an emoji I see a constant spam of requests for that resource...

Seems like it is isolated to chrome.

number+of+requests_1543790965.PNG request_1543790966.PNG

https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0

Thanks,

Izz
Posted Dec 2, 18 · OP
Master
LEVEL 5
I think this will happen when an editor exists on the page - Even here in the Enjin forums, such resources are being added on page load.

- 23 giphy images (favourites ~ first page of gif menu)
- Emojione (first page perhaps)

On other pages I do not see this behaviour, it makes sense since there is no need to load them if an editor does not exist.
Posted Wed at 12:59 am
those requests happen continuously though even after page load, which is what i found odd...I actually blocked the requests to stop it at 443 in the above screen capture.

but you're right, seems to only happen on a page where you can perform an edit...such as a forum post.
Posted Thu at 08:21 am · OP
Master
LEVEL 5
You are saying they load intermittently ie repeating every 20s? I did not see any reloads, perhaps you can confirm this by clearing your console network tab and monitoring the loads? If this is the case, confirm what OTHER modules exist on the page, perhaps it is an issue with multiple modules existing on a page.

<body>

</body>
Posted Thu at 08:41 am · Last edited Thu at 13:53 by AT SLAYER
may have limited it further to the proxy i'm going through..

No proxy, I don't see the same results.

will look into that further on my end.

thanks!
Posted Thu at 10:08 am · OP
Social Media
Follow us on our social media!
You will receive information, news, sneak peaks, giveaways and more!
NoticeNotices