Page
of 6

Enjin Site Feedback

55 replies
Honestly, we have made the switch from enjin to wordpress for our clan needs. Enjin just too outdated, clunky and not up with the current times of the clans needs. You guys really need to get a discord integration going as many clans have switched over to it. (this isn't the only thing, just something that is obvious) I'm hoping down the road you guys clean enjin up and get it back to something clan needs. But for now, i'll take my money to just hosting my own.
Posted Sep 25, 18
Just Started
LEVEL 1
@Aerothan

what forum plugin are you using, we find this our biggest issues as most suck.
Posted Sep 25, 18 · OP
List
Undo
Popular
LEVEL 4
Please rest assured that while feedback continues to flow within this thread, the team is watching. 🤓
ENJIN Staff since April 2012 - Twitter: _Alethia Discord: Gaea

ENJIN CMS | Home | Forum Rules | Help Center | Support Ticket | Game Request

ENJIN COIN | Home | Blog | About | Wallet | Telegram | Develop | White Paper

moderator-sig_1404885235.png
Posted Sep 25, 18
Love it
List
Undo
Just Started
LEVEL 1
wrote:
Please rest assured that while feedback continues to flow within this thread, the team is watching. 🤓
Thank you very much is valued that a follow with desire to improve your platform. I would be very sorry to have to leave Enjin.
Posted Sep 26, 18
List
Undo
Master
LEVEL 5
Ultimate Pricing For Non-Minecraft Communities

There is a common complaint that the ultimate pricing is over priced for those that are not Minecraft communities.

MOST E-GAMING / Non-Minecraft communities would only use ultimate for these reasons:

- remove branding
- module cap
- ticket module (although this module is not as commonly used since a contact form usually suffices for these guys)

* There are some MILSIMS out there that still use teamspeak(as opposed to the Discord majority), so they would want the TS slot increase feature.

My suggestion:

- Remove module cap in Premium
- Place the ticket module in the Premium category
- Bring back the flat branding removal charge of $50 - $100

Simply put, a non-Minecraft community should not have to buy an expensive payment plan catered to a Minecraft community. Obviously Enjin does not benefit from this change, but updating your pricing to be more current, and reasonable, would be the RIGHT thing to do for your paying customers.
Posted Sep 26, 18 · Last edited Sep 26, 18 by AT SLAYER
Agree
List
Undo
Just Started
LEVEL 1
I can say we just downgraded and went to a virtual server. Our website was entirely hand coded anyways by Atslayer, so Enjin doesn't offer us anything useful anymore.

Compare it to 2009 when they first came out, and it was night and day compared to now. I've paid for the advanced and ultimate plans ever since 2010, and it's just not worth it anymore. Enjin actually turns away recruits as well. They go "Really? An enjin website?" when it's time to register as you can't remove the Enjin accounts from the website's system. Even though everything else is hand coded or crafted by our designers.

Some people actually feel deceived when they find out it's an enjin website. One of the reasons we're stepping away. That and you can tell the business model has shifted away from the clan and guild system to... whatever they're doing now.

They just don't care anymore. When it started, it was three passionate enjineers. Now it's just a slow festering company that I don't want to pay 30 dollars a month to, for little to nothing in return.

Everything the ultimate plan offers such as "removing enjin branding," is default on your own website anyways and frankly, it was the only reason we payed for ultimate. That and the module cap increase, which really just let us have over 50 HTML modules as we didn't use any base enjin modules.
Posted Sep 27, 18 · Last edited Sep 27, 18 by Solenicus
List
Undo
We focus on Minecraft, and as such find the EMP incredibly useful especially in how it makes it possible for our players to cash in points & donate right in game - love it!

That being said, I do enjoy having a more personalized look than the preset Enjin themes offer right now, and luckily through HTML modules and the amazing support of this community and Developers ahem ATslayer as one example it is entirely possible. However, as a small server/network I find the monthly jump in price from the Advanced plan to the Ultimate plan to be more than I can reasonably justify.

I wonder if maybe going forward, Enjin could consider making the items included in the Ultimate plan available more as an "a la carte".... So you pay for the Advanced plan but want an extra 10 modules? Sure... pay the one-time upgrade fee of X dollars! Maybe you're after more custom API keys, or want to remove branding? Sure... pay a one-time fee! You choose what you need to make your website better.

Although this doesn't immediately help with the problem of targeting non-Minecraft communities, it would at least give them a bit more of a reason to stick around while they are waiting for features & updates?

--> just saw AT Slayer's comment a couple back, that could be even better! <--
Posted Sep 27, 18 · Last edited Sep 27, 18 by InfraRedHe...
Agree
List
Undo
Just Started
LEVEL 1
I'm going to go off topic for a bit, but bare with me; Enjin as a platform has become outdated, at least in the eyes of consumers. The login system that has been used for years is still in place, the basic templates from the plans are clunky looking and unappealing, and only by either hiring a developer or knowing how to code yourself will you get a modern looking website out of the platform.

Which by itself is fine, but there's only so much we can do with the Enjin platform to make it appeal to a modern browser. It's possible of course, but you know you have an issue when one of the main requests to developers on the platform is "make our website look like it's not an Enjin site", personally I feel like it's time to make some serious changes to many things on the platform.

Firstly, I'd suggest upgrading the current modules available and adding more modern and customizable modules (take wordpress' plugin system for example), the best of both worlds would be WordPress-esque customization's combined with the flexibility of Enjin's module system. Customization is a huge thing that could be improved on Enjin, especially with their built in systems like profiles, it'd be extremely useful to be able to edit the profile page on your individual site with the editor, as you can any other page.

Which ties into the topic at hand; the plans on Enjin are a bit ridiculous, especially the Ultimate plan. Now, as there's little chance of Enjin lowering the price of it to better fit what is offered, implementing certain new and upgraded modules and adding a greater sense of freedom to the Ultimate plan could easily justify the ridiculous price tag it has at the moment.

My apologies if this is poorly written, it's currently quite late here, but I hope my thoughts came across well enough.
Posted Oct 2, 18 · Last edited Oct 2, 18 by Narrator
Agree
List
Undo
Active
LEVEL 2
I agree with everyone here. I have been using the advanced plan on our community website for years. But it is just too expensive for what it is and I have let the plan run out. (should have grabbed the code I spent years on, whoops :/) I hope to see Enjin lower its prices and add mobile support. Thank you for being the host of my community for many years, but I think my time with Enjin is over.
Posted Oct 3, 18
List
Undo
Page
of 6
Social Media
Follow us on our social media!
You will receive information, news, sneak peaks, giveaways and more!
NoticeNotices