Page
of 6

Enjin Site Feedback

55 replies
Just Started
LEVEL 1
Im letting my sub run out then downgrading, The 30$ a month seems like a ripoff lately. I been with enjin for so many years, i cant remember. I just feel like ever since minecraft they have pretty much dropped developing the CMS for regular gaming clan owners,

I dont want this to be the case but its how a lot of us feel and a lot of the older clans have moved on. I want enjin to give me reasons to keep giving them my money. However I feel, its not going to change now with everything being enjin coin.

Lots of bugs are now years old, no new updates to the systems or the very old code style they are using.

I dont know. what does everyone think? This is not a bash post is a; Im worried for good reason post
Posted Sep 16, 18 · OP · Last edited Sep 19, 18
Agree
Funny
List
Undo
Just Started
LEVEL 1
For as much (or little) as "they" are saying right now, they either are unable to or unwilling to support other games in the same way, yeah.

Even presumably trivial fixes and fixes that are promised to come "asap" go untouched. With the donation plan people are keeping our own site paid for but whenever that runs out it'll be a downgrade or removal for us too.

That said we've been more than satisfied with Enjin since swapping from our old host, complete night and day. Even at it's current state it's still a solid alternative, just doesn't seem worth paying for any longer with the alternatives readily out there & no communication or at most empty promises from Enjin.
Posted Sep 17, 18
Agree
List
Undo
Just Started
LEVEL 1
i been paying them 30 a month for almost 10 years, Its sad actually.
Posted Sep 17, 18 · OP
Agree
List
Undo
You can definitively see a change in priority of the business model here.
Posted Sep 17, 18
Agree
List
Undo
Just Started
LEVEL 1
Enjin really does seem to have a bad case of tunnel vision, same thing happened when the focus was shifted onto Minecraft servers.

As a long time supporter of Enjin it really does suck.

$30 isn't a small amount of money, it would be nice if we saw new features/themes developed as well as all the old bugs ironed out.

Personally I'd really like to see a separation between the CMS and Coin side of things, I really have no interest in their coin and it's gotten so bad on Twitter I've had to unfollow them.
Posted Sep 17, 18 · Last edited Sep 17, 18 by Pauleh
Agree
List
Undo
Active
LEVEL 2
What if they stop supporting Enjin Coin like they stopped supporting their CMS?

The way things are going now shows new investors that Enjin will drop Coin as soon as the next big thing comes along, like they seem to have dropped development of the CMS when cryptocurrency came along. It's probably not the track record they want to demonstrate.

It's in their best interest to show that they have the ability to support their older projects (like the CMS) so new games will use Enjin coin, lest they stop supporting it leaving developers along with community owners high and dry.

Disclaimer: I have the coin supporter badge, but we haven't implemented it into our game yet. We are currently with Enjin purely for our site hosting, and we're annoyed with the lack of bug fixes to even their new features like the WYSIWYG editor (Update: 481 days since we reported this issue).

Also, our game is based on Minecraft, so as you mentioned we may get a few more updates than you do. But general CMS features affect us all and we have been noticing a lack of support lately too.
Posted Sep 17, 18
Agree
Love it
List
Undo
Yes, as soon as we are set up to go elsewhere we will.

I've been running a community on Enjin since 2016, the problems we encountered with it then are exactly the same now.

I have used Enjin since 2014, it seems exactly the same since.

I think they have moved focus onto crypto and have no plan of investing in their core platform, with community's gradually going elsewhere in the process. with no real sign their crypto stuff will take off mainstream.

Enjin is Difficult and unfriendly for community owners, unless you are willing to invest quite alot of money into hiring someone to make your site keep up, which in reality the site features and modules should be better to begin with. Understandable 4 years ago, not now.
Posted Sep 18, 18 · Last edited Sep 18, 18 by WolvesEthe...
Agree
List
Undo
They should start developing new features
Posted Sep 18, 18
Agree
List
Undo
Just Started
LEVEL 1
I agree with a lot of the comments on this thread.
Enjin Coin however, is critical to Enjin's long-term survival so I do not mind the team focusing on that but I think at the moment that their hosting platform is being totally ignored.
This is short-term thinking on their behalf seeing the majority of initial adopters for their crypto will be small - medium Minecraft servers.
I have noticed that many of the comments above talk about how much Enjin favours Minecraft, yes they do but not as much as you think.

Sky is EULA compliant - this is quite a big deal if you are not familiar with Minecraft servers. We should however, be offering users the ability to see their transaction history.
Buycraft offers this currently. Enjin API ingame only allows the past 8 transactions to be looked up. I have submitted a ticket months ago, bumped twice and nothing despite one response saying their API devs were looking into it.
One of the main reasons I use Enjin over Xenforo is that DonationCraft is included and the entire Enjin plan is cheaper than what I'd have to pay BuyCraft on a monthly basis. But it is starting to seriously lack behind BuyCraft in features, nevermind bugs in the module that have not been fixed for ages like the duplication of text when you format it in Chrome.

Furthermore, EnjinMinecraftPlugin offers no support for PaperSpigot if something goes wrong. Many of the larger MC servers use PaperSpigot due to timings V2 and the performance improvements. Not to offer any technical support for compatibility issues is stupid (Buycraft does offer support).

Mineplex is moving to Xenforo. This is very concerning as it is the biggest MC server Enjin hosts. Regardless of if you believe Mineplex is not what it once was, this is problematic for Enjin as it really starts reducing the number of players who already have an account with this platform that therefore made it easier for them to register on other websites and smaller servers. Smaller servers can't sustain Enjin alone - there has been a dramatic decrease in the creation of new MC servers starting over the past 3 years due to the EULA and other reasons. The lack of free themes and the fact that all of the other major servers use Xenforo basically means no new servers even consider Enjin as a potential platform.

I like to think that I have some of the best designed websites on Enjin. I current pay for five different sites. Sky Servers has an amazing design and so does Fruit. Both are due to my hard working web developer. As the number of smaller servers starting has died off so has their workload and their frustration with the platform in other areas has grown. This means that Enjin is losing many of the good theme designers and as pointed out above no new Enjin created themes have been added for years.

I strongly believe that Enjin can focus on both Enjin Coin (which is critical) and the Enjin CMS (which is critical to the success of Enjin coin). The CMS does need more attention paid to it and I don't think it would take a large amount of Enjins behalf to roll out some new features and fix bugs each month.
Posted Sep 18, 18
Love it
Agree
List
Undo
Just Started
LEVEL 1
My self feeling the same way about the Enjin's CMS like they don't care no more and or just don't wanna keep up for
other games as for myself I have been looking for alternatives. do to the small # of Gaming CMS you would figer Enjin would make there platform better, but in the past 2 years I have seen a drop of interest in the forward development with even lack of interest in bug fixing.
Posted Sep 18, 18
Agree
List
Undo
Page
of 6
Social Media
Follow us on our social media!
You will receive information, news, sneak peaks, giveaways and more!
NoticeNotices