Page
of 2

Check Solution Assistance With Dropdown Menus

11 replies
Hello! I am relatively new to the Enjin-style editor; I have minor experience with website creation programs such as wix and I know a small bit about HTML and practically nothing about CSS.

That being said, I'm attempting to make a dropdown menu on the top bar of my site. I know how to make parts fit INTO the dropdown menu, the only problem is that when people click the dropdown option on mobile, it just refreshes the page rather than actually staying open and allowing them to click on the sub-menus. Anyone know how to fix this?
Posted Aug 9, 18 · OP
List
Undo
Experienced
LEVEL 3
Hello,

Try checking out At slayer's code for a custom navigation bar he released to the public.

It may give you some ideas on what to do with yours.

In addition, could you provide us a link to the website or even the code itself, or screenshots of what you're experiencing? Perhaps a developer can help you better once more information is given :)

Regards,
Ostr
Posted Aug 9, 18
A good point! My apologies. I'm sitting here at work doing this haha. the website is www.nmocitadel.net

Right now, I have all the information spread out, but I'll reset the top menu to reflect how it is supposed to look with the dropdown menu. I don't actually have any coding on it; just the standard Enjin module. All of the links are now under the 'Information' tab and should register the proper problem when viewed from a mobile device.
Posted Aug 9, 18 · OP
Experienced
LEVEL 3
I just viewed your website on PC and mobile version. It seems your website pages such as "ranking structure" is exclusive to specific tags. I do not have access to that page. And, clicking on the top menu completely works for me. Perhaps those users who informed you of this issue were confused due to their unsufficient access to those pages. If it occurs for you as well, could you take a screenshot of the mobile version, perhaps?

Regards,
Ostr
Posted Aug 9, 18
Screenshot_20180809-092226_Samsung+Internet_1533835467.jpg

So while it is somewhat hard to see, I caught the page in mid-reload, evidenced by the half-full blue loading bar at the top of the screen. It seems that what it is doing when I click the 'Information' dropdown is treating it like a hyperlink to another page. Clearly, it isn't intended to be a link, so while the menu DOES drop down (Code of Conduct should be viewable by anyone for testing purposes), it vanishes a second later and the page refreshes for me. Everyone who has had this issue does have the proper site access.
Posted Aug 9, 18 · OP
Also, I've come to the conclusion that while I have downloaded bootstrap and the applicable files, I have no clue how to install it haha.
Posted Aug 9, 18 · OP
Experienced
LEVEL 3
Hello,

I believe I have identified the issue.

It seems as if when the user clicks "Information" they aren't clicking the actual drop down v. (since on mobile version it is pretty hard to click it) They're clicking information. For the Menu Bar (old version), I don't see an option to have it stay on the page, or not go to any page. It only allows you to choose a page or a custom link. I believe you may have the page for the "information" tab set as the homepage, or you have a "custom" link set as "/" which just makes it redirect to the homepage. Unfortunately, the Menu Bar 2.0 is under maintenance currently, and you cannot use it unless you have an existing module. The simple resolution is to simply have users click the dropdown (which most already do). Or, you could simply use a custom code provided online, like the one I specified above by at slayer.

You may request a feature for the current menu bar here. However, I am not sure if any updates will happen with that module since it's named "Old version"

Enjin has a pretty useful editor. However, if you'd like to download bootstrap, click here.

Some custom menu bars i've found:
(requires the HTML module)

Also:

Check out this article to enable the mobile version on your website. This may help you and your users.
Enabling & Using the Mobile Version of your Website
How to enable the mobile version Visit your Admin Panel -> Settings -> Mobile section. On this page, you can set the "Mode" to "Mobile Forums Only" or "Disabled - Sho...

Best wishes,
Ostr | Enjin user
Posted Aug 9, 18 · Last edited Aug 9, 18 by Ostr
That does explain a lot; as I don't already have a 2.0 module existing, I'm stuck having to wait until it gets fixed (hopefully soon). That being said, I spent quite a bit of time exploring at Slayer's boot strap menu bar. It seems like it might be the sort of thing I need in the temporary time to fix the menus. The only problem is that much of his explanation on how to use it is beyond my level of understanding. So far I have managed to upload all the css, js and whatnot to my files on the site.

I found certain instructions under this thread: https://www.enjin.com/forums/m/10826/viewthread/18000005-bootstrap-site-mobile-responsive

but certain parts of the explanation:

"3) In the master module(contains a nav), copy and paste this into an html module to be placed in the top section

4) Upload the js / css files to your site

5) Link the js / css files in the master module (boostrap.js / bootstrap.css / profile.js)"

are all but Greek to me. I've been playing around with it, but for some reason I can't seem to actually get it to work.

You have my appreciation and thanks for all the help you've given me so far!
Posted Aug 9, 18 · OP
Experienced
LEVEL 3
Hello,

I believe you're looking at the wrong link. I believe that has to do with the mobile version of your website. Click this link to see his post regarding his custom navigation bar. https://www.enjin.com/forums/m/10826/viewthread/8514993-boot-strap-30-navbar-full-module

Regards,
Ostr
Posted Aug 9, 18 · Last edited Aug 9, 18 by Ostr
That is a good start! Haha. I went back and played around with it a bit, the result is this:

As you can see, the menu bar DOES appear, but not within the red-outlined black box that is directly below it. I'm not quite sure how to get the menu INTO the box, while still looking like the main menu themes such as that found on the homepage, www.nmocitadel.net
Posted Aug 9, 18 · OP
Page
of 2
Social Media
Follow us on our social media!
You will receive information, news, sneak peaks, giveaways and more!
NoticeNotices