Page
of 2

[FREE CODE] Codeless Navbar with CUSTOM ADMIN PANEL

14 replies
Just Started
LEVEL 1
A beautiful navbar that works,
NO CODING REQUIRED!

This is probably one of the biggest breakthroughs I've made on Enjin. Gone are the days of manually having to tweak everything you find in a Free Code thread just so it works to your liking. No longer will you have to learn HTML and other languages just to make small changes to a custom module.

Introducing,
Macro-Admin

This has been an idea I've been pondering for a while now, and never made it beyond the proof-of-concept stage, until now.

Here's the panel in action

ca7c8ef71ff0c2cb2d91fecc1447aea8.gif

Now back to the navigation bar

It runs on Bootstrap v4 and AngularJS--both powerful cutting-edge web frameworks. It adapts to your screen size seamlessly. Below are pictures of the navigation on mobile devices and on the desktop.

KFloNhd.png

KquE2uK.png

Forget CSS. Everything is customizable.

From the colors to the branding to whether the profile is shown or not, you can change everything.

UnZTU07.png teBzTI2.png eEIhr12.png

Of course, if you want to customize it even further, I've made it super easy to customize the navigation bar. No need for awkward CSS rules anymore!

Excited? Let's Dive In.

Here's how to install it. It's an easy step-by-step guide. Follow it carefully and you should be up and running without issues.

If you're familiar with how to create modules and remove their header/footer, skip to number 10.

1. Go to the Admin Panel and select Pages from the menu bar.
  2. (Skip 3-4 if you already have a global section across all pages)
  3. Click the little arrow button next to the header name and select Create Global Section. Give it a name.
  4. Go to each page on your site and set the header to that global section.
  5. Create a new module in the Header.
  6. Click the Container Settings button on the top right of the module box. It appears like a little cog icon next to the Delete Container button.
  7. Unselect all checkboxes under theContainer Theme Settings section. Click Save Settings.
  8. Click the Add Module button.
  9. On the left, under Content, click HTML. Click the Create New Module button. Give it a name like Navigation. Click OK. Click Add Module.
  10. Click the Edit Button on the module. (It's a pencil icon)
  11. Click the HTML Editor tab on the top.
  12. Copy and paste the code included (navigation-main.txt) into the text box. Click Save Changes.
  13. Go back to the Page Editor from step 1. Click Create Page.
  14. Name the page "Macro-Admin", change page columns to 1, give it any URL like '/panel'.
  15. IMPORTANT: SET PAGE ACCESS TO ADMINISTRATORS ONLY
  16. Set the header to the one that has the navigation bar.
  17. Repeat steps 6-11, giving the module a name like Navigation Admin. Create it in the Main Section of the page.
  18. Copy and paste the code included (navigation-admin.txt) into the text box. Click Save Changes.
  19. Navigate to /panel or the URL you chose for the Macro-Admin page and finish setting up your menu bar.
  20. Congrats! Your website just got more awesome.

As always, feedback and suggestions are greatly appreciated. I spent lots of time on this, so feel free to comment what you think! :d
Attached Files
You must login to download files.

Posted Mar 23, 18 · OP · Last edited Apr 7, 18 by Bryan
Love it
List
Undo
Active
LEVEL 2
Looks nice but the navigation-admin code isn't working for me.

I followed the steps for navigation-main and the navigation shows up. I followed them again for navigation-admin, yet it does not work. Though when I go into the visual editor of the module it appears as if it's supposed to show the panel.

I've tried deleting the module and redoing it from a fresh module but no good. Any advice?
Posted Mar 23, 18
Just Started
LEVEL 1
wrote:

You're right, I forgot to do a clean room test to make sure everything worked fine. My apologies, that was my mistake.

I've edited the post to include the new version of navigation-admin, which should work okay. Try installing it again using the new main/admin code.
Posted Mar 23, 18 · OP · Last edited Mar 23, 18 by Bryan
List
Undo
Active
LEVEL 2
wrote:
wrote:

You're right, I forgot to do a clean room test to make sure everything worked fine. My apologies, that was my mistake.

I've edited the post to include the new version of navigation-admin, which should work okay. Try installing it again using the new main/admin code.
Still an issue for me. I've pasted the code from each .txt into separate modules numerous times to make sure I actually applied it, to no avail. Again, the visual editor makes it seem like the admin panel is supposed to show up, but is blank on my page. I've made sure the page is set to administrators only and I made sure to paste the code in the proper area. I even made another website to see and still have the same issue. I guess there's something I'm missing here.

rEx4jPP.png

ued6nkb.png

zGnq8n0.png

pVCPHwt.png

There are no other modules on the page to interfere with the code, so that should not be the issue. I apologize if this is an inconvenience to you, I'm just confused why it's not cooperating with me.
Posted Mar 23, 18
Just Started
LEVEL 1
wrote:

Alright, I figured out why it wasn't loading. Apparently I made the admin module load prematurely which caused a lot of issues.

I updated the navbar admin code.
It should be good now :)

PM me if you have any other issues or questions
Posted Mar 23, 18 · OP · Last edited Mar 23, 18 by Bryan
List
Undo
This looks really good.
Will look into putting it on my website once I get everything else situated.
Posted Mar 24, 18
Love it
List
Undo
Just Started
LEVEL 1
Hey Byran,

Having issues with the Macro-Admin page, it's not updating
Posted Mar 28, 18 · Last edited Mar 28, 18 by Fuck Enjin
Just Started
LEVEL 1
wrote:

Hi, are you sure you've put the main navigation bar and the admin panel both on the same page?
Posted Mar 28, 18 · OP
List
Undo
Just Started
LEVEL 1
Had the admin module before the nav module, it works great now :)
List
Undo
Just Started
LEVEL 1
macro-admin page is not updating, however the other pages are

Edit: Don't know why when you embed a YouTube video into Enjin you get some random thumbnail lol??
Page
of 2
Social Media
Follow us on our social media!
You will receive information, news, sneak peaks, giveaways and more!
NoticeNotices