BBCode mode in new editor, mobile issue

4 replies
Just Started
LEVEL 1
Hi.

I have my enjin mail editor set to the "BBCode mode" by default, as I prefer it over the visual editor.

However, there has been a bug with this since very early on, so I wanted to see if this was on radar for a fix at any point. I often compose messages in other notetaking apps, before trying to copy/paste the message into the browser editor. But when I try to paste in BBCode mode, the editor doesn't recognize my tap or tap-hold and therefore the contextual menu to paste does not pop up.

I am using iOS, but the issue is present in both the default Safari browser and the Google Chrome browser.
Posted Jan 2, 18 · OP
Popular
LEVEL 4
Could you send us a screen shot of this issue?
community-manager-sig_1404885270.png
Posted Jan 2, 18
List
Undo
Just Started
LEVEL 1
This is what tap-hold looks like in the Visual Editor, it works as it should by popping the context menu so I can hit "paste": https://i.imgur.com/uVHEfpH.png

This is what tap-hold looks like in the BBEdit mode, it seems to try to pop a context menu, only the menu is wrong and it doesn't show up in the right place: https://i.imgur.com/HSEk0I1.png

(please do not tell me to use the visual editor; I prefer the BBedit mode for desktop and i cannot just switch to visual editor on mobile because it's broken.)
Posted Jan 2, 18 · OP
Just Started
LEVEL 1
As a note, I just recently discovered that composing a new message does NOT have this issue, while responding to an existing mail thread does.
Posted Jan 5, 18 · OP
Just Started
LEVEL 1
Bump. Are there any plans to address this?

I have recently switched my community over to the new visual editor and we are discovering a lot of bugs with it. I have been reporting these, but if they are not addressed or if they are actually intended behavior, we may need to recommend that everyone use the BBEdit mode by default to avoid them.

In doing so, it will kill certain members' ability to reply to private messages, since the editor uses the same default mode in both forums and enjin mail.
Posted Jan 13, 18 · OP · Last edited Jan 13, 18 by Katriel
Social Media
Follow us on our social media!
You will receive information, news, sneak peaks, giveaways and more!
NoticeNotices