Page
of 3

! Release Enjin Domain Manager

23 replies
Popular
LEVEL 4
Hello there,

wrote:
That is to say that paying 1 year apart from the days that I have accumulated, I will have a custom domain?

And what about the free domain? Ie sub-domain.enjin.com disappears?

The price you are presented with, for a domain, is per year. When there are only 30 days remaining on your domain you will be given the ability to renew the domain (for another year). Your Enjin subdomain will remain a redirect anywhere from 1 month to 6 months depending on various factors. This means that anyone visiting your subdomain will automatically be redirected to your new website so they're not misguided onto a different website. However, we do eventually have to release the subdomain as it becomes considered inactive.

In regards to the free domain, you must prepay or subscribe to the "1 Year" option (of the Advanced or Ultimate plan) in order to qualify. From there, you have 7 days to claim your free domain which can be done by navigating to the "Domain Manager" tab after clicking "Settings", finding your domain and selecting "Redeem Free Domain". Unfortunately, you will not meet this requirement if you were to pay for multiple 180 days, for example. Your site, unfortunately, cannot just have an accumulative day count of a year or longer to qualify.

wrote:
Any chance in the future we could transfer our current custom domain to Enjin?

If you submit a support ticket, as mentioned by Ben, we'd be more than happy to investigate the possibility of transferring your domain to Enjin.

wrote:
wrote:
Gone are the days of having to use an Enjin Subdomain because domain registration is too complicated or too expensive. This new feature allows you to get your very own unique domain name for your community with ease. You have a large variety of Top-Level Domains (TLDs) to select from with cheap pricing and rapid propagation speeds.

"knightsword.net is available for $17.99!"

Uh... am I missing something or is that a bit overpriced? Registrars that I use usually sell domains for around $3 - $7.

The price displayed in the images on the support article were our test prices used strictly for testing (where the pictures were captured) and therefore they do not reflect the true prices. I'll look into potentially having those updated so it doesn't give the wrong impression. I would recommend that you use the feature to identify the true value of each TLD as opposed to relying on the prices shown in a help article. TLD registry's change their prices, every now and then, be that to make them cheaper or more expensive and we are equally required to update the pricing on our end. Furthermore, as we do not ask for your personal details we are also essentially providing you with free WhoIS guard for your website which is a further expense that would have to be paid - to ensure your personal details remain safe - when using other registrars.

Best regards,
Brad.
Follow @enjin on Twitter!
Official Enjin Support: Submit a Ticket!
Enjin Forum Rules | Enjin Terms of Service

Security Manager & Lead Systems Engineer
tech-dev-signature_1404885254.png
Posted Sep 2, 17 · OP
List
Undo
Just Started
LEVEL 1
wrote:
Hello The price you are presented with, for a domain, is per year. When there are only 30 days remaining on your domain you will be given the ability to renew the domain (for another year). Your Enjin subdomain will remain a redirect anywhere from 1 month to 6 months depending on various factors. This means that anyone visiting your subdomain will automatically be redirected to your new website so they're not misguided onto a different website. However, we do eventually have to release the subdomain as it becomes considered inactive.

In regards to the free domain, you must prepay or subscribe to the "1 Year" option (of the Advanced or Ultimate plan) in order to qualify. From there, you have 7 days to claim your free domain which can be done by navigating to the "Domain Manager" tab after clicking "Settings", finding your domain and selecting "Redeem Free Domain". Unfortunately, you will not meet this requirement if you were to pay for multiple 180 days, for example. Your site, unfortunately, cannot just have an accumulative day count of a year or longer to qualify.

Thank you very much I will be talking to the owner of the community to see if we personalize the domain.
Posted Sep 2, 17
List
Undo
Thanks Enjin <3
Posted Sep 3, 17
List
Undo
wrote:
Question for you then. Let's say I already have a custom domain for my website, could I purchase a second domain for say my minecraft server? Basically I'm wondering if there's a limit to how many domains I purchase and if they will automatically update to my website.

Hello there,

I'm afraid that, at this moment in time, you can only use one custom domain per website. It's quite an interesting idea, one that I have taken note of. However, for the meantime, the solution in this would probably to pay for an Enjin Domain and then have your existing custom domain redirect to your new one (and if need be, a specific page).

Best regards,
Brad.

Could you have your website with your own purchased web domain (myname.com), then with the free domain gained from this, use it on another enjin community site and just HTML Iframe your first website into it or just a redirect? If that makes sense?
Posted Sep 4, 17
Agree
List
Undo
Popular
LEVEL 4
That is not possible.
community-manager-sig_1404885270.png
Posted Sep 4, 17
This is no cool, how we get domain
Posted Sep 7, 17
Popular
LEVEL 4
Hello everyone,

This is just a quick update to inform you that we've added over 280 new Top-Level Domains (TLDs) to our Domain Manager.

Best regards,
Brad.
Follow @enjin on Twitter!
Official Enjin Support: Submit a Ticket!
Enjin Forum Rules | Enjin Terms of Service

Security Manager & Lead Systems Engineer
tech-dev-signature_1404885254.png
Posted Nov 21, 17 · OP · Last edited Nov 21, 17
Love it
List
Undo
Now for that SSL!
Posted Nov 21, 17
It would not be resource intensive to include a section in the domain manager for adding LetsEncrypt certificates. It would allow for custom domain users to have free ssl certificates with minimal effort. There are ways of manually making LetsEncrypt certificates as well, if you just want the .cert files uploaded.

Not being encrypted in this day and age is a performance loss and huge security risk. Not to mention all of our sites get blasted with “Not secure” when browsing.
Posted Dec 18, 17 · Last edited Dec 18, 17 by Duckie
Agree
List
Undo
Page
of 3
Social Media
Follow us on our social media!
You will receive information, news, sneak peaks, giveaways and more!
NoticeNotices