Page
of 5

WYSIWYG BBcode (New Test Version)

43 replies
Sorry for asking again after only 2 months, but is there any ETA on @Username tagging? Our community uses that quite a lot and it's the only thing standing between us and adopting the new editor.

I'd like to enable it as soon as possible so our web developer can start styling it ready for our website update.

Thanks! :-)

Hey, to do this on your forums, you must get the user's profile ID. Heres Mine: http://www.assassinsforhire.com/profile/7443808 so you would use the bbcode user tages with that number in between.

See?!
Posted Aug 28, 17
Just Started
LEVEL 1
wrote:
Sorry for asking again after only 2 months, but is there any ETA on @Username tagging? Our community uses that quite a lot and it's the only thing standing between us and adopting the new editor.

I'd like to enable it as soon as possible so our web developer can start styling it ready for our website update.

Thanks! :-)

Hey, to do this on your forums, you must get the user's profile ID. Heres Mine: http://www.assassinsforhire.com/profile/7443808 so you would use the bbcode user tages with that number in between.
  • [ user]7443808[ /user]
  • Unknown User

See?!
I know that, but my users don't. They should not have to search high and low for someone's profile, copy a section of the URL, type out the tags themselves and paste the ID in when this feature was so elegantly implemented in the old editor.

Additionally, the user tag breaks when the post is edited. For example, this is your tag:
Unknown User
In short, the feature does not work.
Posted Aug 29, 17 · Last edited Aug 29, 17 by Hellomynam...
List
Undo
Just Started
LEVEL 1
It's been 8 months, I just wondering if we can get an update on how @User tagging is coming along. It is an existing feature, so I would've thought it would be pretty easy to implement it in the new editor, but then again I don't know how your system is set up. Thanks for any info. :-)
Posted Jan 13, 18 · Last edited Jan 13, 18 by Hellomynam...
its kinda what they do, they create an awesome feature and then only half make it right.
Posted Jan 13, 18
Agree
List
Undo
Page
of 5
Social Media
Follow us on our social media!
You will receive information, news, sneak peaks, giveaways and more!
NoticeNotices