Good to do
Posted Jul 14, 17
List
Undo
Just Started
LEVEL 1
wrote:
On the settings page it says:
"What if I want to use my own custom domain?
You will need to purchase a SSL certificate for your website if you want to enable HTTPS.
Please be informed that only websites that are on the ultimate plan can purchase a SSL certificate. 
Please also be informed that this feature is still undergoing development and is not available at this moment in time."

I would like to add my support for the release of HTTPS capability for custom domains. I would also add that if the above statement is correct, you should seriously reconsider the Ultimate plan requirement. Website admins should be encouraged to run SAFE websites. Requiring an upgrade to take advantage of SSL when the user would otherwise have no need for additional functionality beyond the Advanced plan seems like a very poor choice.
Posted Jul 14, 17
List
Undo
Just Started
LEVEL 1
Just wondering if there is any news on supported ssl for custom domains?
Posted Aug 3, 17
List
Undo
Thank you for sharing new update Enjin
I will try 😉
Posted Aug 11, 17
List
Undo
This is actually very disappointing - I thought I had done my homework before joining Enjin for our community website and forums. I already had a domain I owned, and was ready for the move. I kept seeing the notes in several places about adding my own custom domain.

Well, I upgraded to Advanced, and added the custom domain and THAT is how I learned there was no way to secure my new Enjin community unless I switched back to the subdomain option. This is very disappointing as I said. As one other user mentioned, web admins should always care that their customers information is secure. It was only after I paid for a plan that I discovered this was not a possibility.

It looks unprofessional to me, to be forced to use a subdomain. If this were not a paid service, I could more easily understand. But when I am paying, I expect that at the very least my customer's logins and shop visits are secure. Not to mention, not having that https: will hurt you in search engine results.

So I am guessing that my only option is to switch back to the unprofessional looking sub-domain, and look elsewhere for my web and forum hosting solution. I was trying to avoid paying the larger upfront cost for a professionally designed site and forums install, but I prefer that to $9 to $30 a month for an unsecured website.

I hope they change this, but I am betting I'll have moved on before they get around to it.

Orrin
Posted Oct 21, 17
Agree
Disagree
List
Undo
Page
of 3
Social Media
Follow us on our social media!
You will receive information, news, sneak peaks, giveaways and more!
NoticeNotices