8 replies
fflogo2.png

22nd of April 2016

ff-theoppresion-enjin.jpg

Name: The Oppression [qqop]
Games: Star Citizen (PC)
Owner: TheDarkLaw
ff%20about.png
The Oppression [qqop] is a rapidly growing PC gaming community, with their sights firmly set on upcoming space sim release, Star Citizen. The community has an ambitious goal of total in-game domination, but they aim to achieve this with a laid back attitude and high focus on community development. The Oppression value gaming freedom, and they believe that players should not be hindered by a strict leadership structure or gaming hierarchy. The Oppression want their players to be themselves, have fun, and feel comfortable in their gaming environment while making the very most of their natural talent. The community is currently recruiting all kinds of players, but are specifically looking for strong team orientated gamers who work exceptionally well with others. If any of this sounds good to you, check out their website's about section for more information!

ff%20features.png

Stylish menu navigation system and bold header design -

ff-theoppresion-enjin-1.jpg

Custom image slider application -

ff-theoppresion-enjin-2.jpg

Highly customized news module structure and RSS feed module -

ff-theoppresion-enjin-3.jpg

ff-theoppresion-enjin-4.jpg

Tabbed module design showcasing various website features and information -

ff-theoppresion-enjin-5.jpg

Custom website profile pages -

ff-theoppresion-enjin-6.jpg

ff%20interview.png
Website owner and organization leader, TheDarkLaw, dropped by earlier in the week to provide some insight into his growing Star Citizen community -

Q: How did you get started in gaming?

TheDarkLaw: I got into gaming as child when I was taken to local arcade's where I would play the Original Space Invaders with my brother in 1980's and would spend hours and hours completing it. After that NES, MegaDrive was my all. From Duck Hunt to Double Dragon I played everything I could. When I got my first pc and the internet started producing online games I was hooked to the Gaming World for good! One would say I have been pvping since Pong! :p

Q: Can you give us some insight into The Oppression's history? How did this gaming project begin?

TheDarkLaw: The Oppression used to be called "Oppression" and it was formed with a good friend of mine at the time. Oppression was designed around playing games with friends and having a great time doing it, with no life stress added. With no strict leadership to nag you, it was about being the best you can be without feeling like you were bullied to be good.

Q: What are your current goals as a community?

TheDarkLaw: To be legends and have a great time doing so, no matter the outcome! :d
On a more serious note, we aim to do everything possible in games but in our own time and no one else's. We understand that everyone has a real life to lead and a game shouldn't dominate that no mater what you are doing. We work around this and keep pushing forward!

Q: Is your community accepting new members? Any criteria a person needs to meet to be able join?

TheDarkLaw: We are always on the look out for new members who are 18+ or close to it, with the thirst to be Mercenaries to join us in "Star Citizen", the game we will be looking forward to the most but we only bring in new members who can and will blend with the core membership. You can be the best player in the world but if you can't work and communicate with others in the team you aren't [qqop] material!

Q: Any advice you'd like give to a newcomer looking to start a gaming community such as yours?

TheDarkLaw: Keep at it no mater what, we have been on the go for 5 years and had a roller coaster of a time but if you give up everything you did would be for naught and that isn't us. Believe in your project and complete it. Also having great friends to help you is a bonus!

Q: Would you like to share any awesome design tips with newbie site designers?

TheDarkLaw: I can't take all credit for the site. I have been using Photoshop/Vegas for many years and even with that knowledge I still have very basic coding skills when it comes to HTML and so forth. So I contracted the Legend "ATSLAYER" to help me bring my project to life. My vision, his skills and that is what you see today. The Enjin community share so much and it's so easy to learn something here even with zero skills. This is why we have stuck to Enjin like glue, you just don't get that kind of help else where!

Q: And finally, what do you feel is the best feature of Enjin and why?

TheDarkLaw: The Admin controls. Everything else is amazing but without the control panel I would be so lost for someone like me. This for me is the winning feature!.

ff%20Closing.png
If you're interested in joining a laid back community for Star Citizen that provides plenty of gaming freedom and a chance to make some close friends, check out The Oppression today!

Original blog post: http://enjin.com/blog/m/32021/article/3799959/page/1

Check out this list for communities previously on Featured Friday

Want to create an awesome website like The Oppression's for free? Check out our free trial today: www.enjin.com/signup
Posted Apr 22, 16 · OP
Love it
List
Undo
Thank you so much Kris and the Enjin team, means a lot to be featured. Happy days! :d
Posted Apr 22, 16
Agree
List
Undo
Ben
Popular
LEVEL 4
Nice website! Congrats on the feature!
Posted Apr 22, 16
List
Undo
Master
LEVEL 5
Great community, great owner to work with - Thanks for featuring these guys Enjin, I hope this thread gives them the popularity they deserve.
Posted Apr 22, 16
List
Undo
Nice Work love the Layout Great Feature
Posted Apr 22, 16
List
Undo
Thanks for the feature Enjin. :d
Posted Apr 23, 16
List
Undo
hahah awesome !
thanks Enjin !
Posted Apr 23, 16
List
Undo
Just Started
LEVEL 1
Amazing website and congrats!
Posted Jun 16, 16
List
Undo
wrote:
Amazing website and congrats!

Thank you so much! :d
Posted Jun 16, 16
List
Undo
Social Media
Follow us on our social media!
You will receive information, news, sneak peaks, giveaways and more!
NoticeNotices