3 whole organic / free range eggs or 6 egg whites
1 tablespoon chia seed (or substitute with flax seed)
1 cup (100 g/3 1/2 oz) almond meal or rolled oats - I used almond meal
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
150 g (3/4 cup / 5 oz) good quality deli style ricotta
1/2 cup (125 ml/4 1/2 fl oz ) your choice of milk (almond, rice, seed, coconut, dairy)
1) Combine eggs, milk, oats, cinnamon, baking powder and chia – rest for 15 minutes to soften the chia and oats. Give it a mix half way through resting.
2) Add ricotta and break it up into the pancake mixture.
3) Heat a non – stick pan over a low – medium heat with a little macadamia nut oil, olive or coconut oil and spoon in the pancake mix, 2 tbsp of mix per person.
4) Flatten the top out slightly from each pancake.
5) Turn down the heat and cook over a low heat so that it cooks through.
6) Flip over and cook the other side.
Serve with fruit(s) of choice, yoghurt and honey/agave/maple syrup.