Page
of 7

Updated Rift & World of Warcraft Item Support

66 replies
So after using this now that its working, I would like to offer some suggestions

1) It seems that in the case of many crafted items, you can only link to some specific version of the crafted item, not the BASE crafted item. IE I can link to a Clever Eviscerator whic is the base Eviscerator crafted with an augment. But I can't link to to just the base Eviscerator that would be crafted without any augments. The base item does however exist at ZAM.

2) It would be great if, as a work around to the above issue and for any other items that you can't link to by name, if we could have the ability to link to an item by the identifier directly. Then for example if I wanted to link to the base Eviscerator, I could just link to ID: B482B7CE0401010101
This would also be very helpful in the case where there are multiple database entries with the same name, and we want to link to a specific one.

3) As stated before, it would be great to see this expanded to basically anything in the ZAM database. Allowing the ID entry would make that a lot easier on Enjin as well.
Posted May 8, 11
Master
LEVEL 5
Thank you for the suggestions, we will look into the above 3 points.
Posted May 10, 11 · OP
Popular
LEVEL 4
The item tags now detect base item names more accurately (for example, typing Eviscerator will now display that exact item). You can now directly link item ids too if you prefer.
enjin-technical-director.png
Posted May 16, 11
Just Started
LEVEL 1
I have a couple of questions and/or suggestions depending on how the case may be. This utilization is great but, unless I'm doing something wrong, it still needs some work.

I'm wanting to link an item from Wowhead and I come across a couple of setbacks.

1. If I wanted to link Earthen Faceguard I notice a couple of things here. One, there is no way (that I have found) to differentiate from the normal version and the heroic version using the Wow Item code. Again, if I am overlooking something please help me out here! =)

2. Additionally with this code, I find that the item tooltip extends all the way to the right pending on how long a description is. For example, look at Shadowmourne . Wow that's a huge tooltip! My suggestion is to wrap this tooltip up using the built in BBCoding but make it look like an actual tooltip that would come from Wowhead or something.

3. I noticed that you have an item quality option for HTML coding... but nothing directly stated for BBCode? Is this right or, again, am I missing something? Due to the fact that using a standard link code makes it look like, well, a link. . . -- having an option to recolor it (without using the color BBCode) would be nice.

I hope this post makes sense. The only other thing I would encourage is to actually add brackets around the item to make it look "official" instead of just a hovering link. Something like this that is so simple would stand out and make things look that much more epic!

Example with the Earthen Faceguard would come out looking something like [ Earthen Faceguard ] but the brackets would also be purple to match the item quality and they would be placed around the item. (I had to put a space due to BBCode recognizing an error).

Thank you for reading this wall of text. I look forward to any changes being made or simply a reply that tells me how to do the things that I'm wanting to achieve.
Posted Jun 3, 11
Rift links don't even seem to work anymore. They just bring you to a blank page.
Posted Jun 3, 11
Just Started
LEVEL 1
Sajakain wrote:

1. If I wanted to link Earthen Faceguard I notice a couple of things here. One, there is no way (that I have found) to differentiate from the normal version and the heroic version using the Wow Item code. Again, if I am overlooking something please help me out here! =)

For reference there would be a very easy way to fix this and keep the current BBCode in tact. Instead of having the code work of the item name you could have it work off the item ID number instead. Examples:

[wowitem]Earthen Faceguard[/wowitem]

That right there would simply output Earthen Faceguard .

However with the previously mentioned problem... there's currently no way to distinguish if it's the normal version or the heroic. It simply goes off the item name. However if you were to allow the code to work like this:

[wowitem]60328[/wowitem] [wowitem]65271[/wowitem]

You would be able to see that the first line is the normal version and the second line is the heroic version. Using the item ID will make it so that there is no question to what version of the item you are using when it comes to pieces that have a normal version and heroic version.
Posted Jun 3, 11
Popular
LEVEL 4
Wow item id's are already supported. Try this:

[wowitem]60328[/wowitem]

That code produces:

Posted Jun 3, 11
Just Started
LEVEL 1

The above item is obtained from the following code:

[wowitem]65271[/wowitem]

Now, initially, it didn't work on my website for whatever reason. (Most likely user input error haha). However you notice the item tooltip still displays the normal version although the item ID is of the heroic version.
Posted Jun 3, 11
Popular
LEVEL 4
A more realistic width has now been added to large tooltips - thanks for the suggestion!
Posted Jun 3, 11
Just Started
LEVEL 1
Witek wrote:
A more realistic width has now been added to large tooltips - thanks for the suggestion!

No problem! I love your services here and I have plenty of other ideas as well but for the time being this is the one I'm focusing on haha.

Did you read my edited post above your quoted one? There still appears to be an issue recognizing normal/heroic versions.

The tooltip for Shadowmourne looks so much better! Definitely "Legendary"!
Posted Jun 3, 11
Page
of 7
Notices