Enjin Android App Released!
Install the Enjin Android App!
Page
of 10

So I hear TOR sucks?

94 replies
N/A
The players are the ones that make a game great. I haven't seen people doing flashpoints so much as I expected to se at launch. True that going to lvl 1 to lvl 50 isn't hard but missing content like flashpoints and datacrons i.e. can make your endgame a bit disapointing. I've started in a new and diferent server, got all datacrons from all planets that i've visited and by that I've enjoied myself. I've tried the Imps side and now i'm on the republic and what I've seen is that the story has a diferent aproach in an Imperial Balmorra than the republics one. The same goes for Taris.

And skip all the movies from never done quests doesn't help either. Ofc pressing space while in BT or The Esseles is a must do after the first run :p
Posted Feb 23, 12
Now that I'm 50, I'm going to go back and do some datacron hunting. That is, if I'm not leveling up any of a number of alts I want to play.
Posted Mar 1, 12
This is my opinion;
I think WoW is a boring game (of course, its what ppls say because i only watch the previews videos and played 5 minutes in a free mode). Now SWTOR is Worst than WoW and that you can all read in WoW forums, of course; there are some haters in SWTOR forums that maintain a position of LOVING that game.

In my vast experience as a MMo gamer (swtor is my first one) i cant tell you WoW cant be compare to SWTOR; not only because as i mentioned before; i never played WoW but because CMON PEOPLE: SWTOR uses Laser and Sables while WoW uses... whatever they use.

So after reading a lot of bad posts about WoW in SWTOR forums i decided that, why bothering trying something that "everybody" says is bad.

This is my conclusion:
Seriously guys, you need to listen yourselves. I understand if you say: "i don't like this game because after playing it for 1hr and get to lvl 50 in my dreams, i didn't see Leai or Hand Solo". But giving an opinion based on a post in a different game forum (and specially the one that ppls are leaving to join a different one) is ridiculous.

SWTOR and WoW are totally different, is like compared Star wars and Conan the barbarian movies. Everybody here has enough experience in gaming to know: even the TOP game outside has issues and has to be patched, Many ideas from SWTOR comes from WoW, and maybe many programmers too. Fans for each franchise are different.
Posted Mar 1, 12
I don't think it sucks but after awhile you get bored or I have stuff to do but I just don't feel the motivation anymore to play. Cancelling my subscription cuz I'm not really playing it anymore...and I was so excited when it dropped too, collectors edition and all.
Posted Mar 5, 12
I closed my SWTOR account a week ago. The game is simply not appealing at max level.
The leveling is quite fun and i loved the actor voices, so immersing in the universe.

The good :
- Thats' the Star wars Universe in a MMO. Really.
- Voice acting is fantastic.
- The KOTOR feeling (yeah I'm nostalgic).
- Gameplay is ok, fluid and all.

The bad :
- Terrible, TERRIBLE game engine. What's with the sloppy textures and the aliasing ?? Seriously in 2012 ?
- Features half implemented : social points, Legacy system...
- You have the uneasy feeling to be in a solo RPG wrapped in a MMO.
- UI not flexible : no addons, etc... And the UI development patch announced is a joke.
- Nothing appealing to me at max level : PVP is not playable on my side, too much lag. World PVP (Ilum) is broken, and it seems the devs abandonned it totally when you see the upcoming patches. Dungeons lack interest : the key choices are made at random and have no real impact on the story... Raid mechanics are light years away from Wow's.

I enjoyed the leveling quite a bit, but I think the game, in its state, is not for me. Sadly the guild summit held recently do not appeal to me at all.

Yet I recommend it to friends, to try it and enjoy at least the Voice feature and the game immersion.
Posted Mar 6, 12
its like wow with a starwars theme :-) and eventualy all games suck
Posted Mar 7, 12
I love it, because I enjoy immersive story based games. I went to the guild summit and I am really looking forward to a lot of the features in progress especially Legacy, though I do worry about long term potential for people who are here primarily for the story. No other MMO is even close to having stories like these. If you aren't here for the stories, then yeah, this probably isn't the game for you.

They are revising crafting significantly with the next major update so that crafted gear for all disciplines will be superior to looted. This will be a big improvement. They're redoing a bunch of the PVP functionality as well though this won't be here in the next release.
Posted Mar 8, 12
I like that they have a "Story-Based" MMO. It's a really good game. True, like all MMOs, it gets boring after a while, but then, in what game isn't that case?
Posted Mar 8, 12
N/A
Patch 1.2 is coming...it will change and add some new features!
Posted Mar 9, 12
I never tried it. To me it seemed too similar to World of Warcraft, and don't get me wrong - I do like WoW very much. But it didn't make sense to play a game that appeared so similar to it. Also it costed around £45 which is a pretty high price for a PC game. :/
Posted Mar 9, 12
Page
of 10
Notices